Liver detox diets and supplements are becoming increasingly popular, particularly in January, when many individuals make resolutions to improve their health or fitness. More and more liver detox products are being promoted as the missing link for people suffering from nutritional deficiencies and those looking to better their health. While these advertisements promise a new, better you, what they don’t tell you is that supplements should not be used in place of adopting long-term healthy lifestyle changes. There is no proof that detox diets and supplements truly eliminate toxins from the body, according to scientific study. The advantages people say they get from liver detox supplement is mainly the result of eating less fatty, sugary, and processed foods and drinking less alcohol.
- Your liver and kidneys are your body’s natural toxin filters, and if they are well-cared for, they may perform an excellent job on their own. Regular exercise, a balanced and nutritious diet, and moderation in alcohol use will have a stronger influence on your general health and liver function. If you decide to start using a liver detox pill, you should be aware of what it is and how it will interact with your body.
- Supplements can contain a variety of components designed to replenish nutrients depleted in the body. However, if taken incorrectly, they might cause liver damage. The disclosure of the contents for these liver detox supplement is less stringent, raising the unknown danger for users and their liver. Furthermore, the standards and regulations for these supplements to reach the market are more flexible, which means they are not obliged to go through the same quality, safety, and efficacy assessment procedure that prescription drugs do.
- In a nutshell, if they are not required to disclose everything that goes into the supplement, how can you be certain that it is safe for you? First, consult with your doctor or a specialist. Because everyone’s health situation is different, the best approach to find out if supplements are right for you is to consult your pharmacist, doctor, or expert.
- When you have an existing health issue, such as hepatitis, liver disease, or liver cancer, you must exercise extra caution and concern. Hepatitis already impairs the healthy function of your liver. Thus, take care not to further weaken it.
- The therapy for this may include medicine for 8-12 weeks, and improper drug interaction between vitamins and medication can cause injury, halt treatment, or prevent specific medications from being absorbed. If you are concerned about your liver health, why not ask your doctor for a liver health check.